Velas Turtle Festival 2019
March 8 @ 11:00 pm - April 28 @ 10:00 pm2200Rs
Velas is a small village in Ratnagiri district which is famous for the Olive Ridley turtle population that visits the Velas beach every year and lays their eggs. At Velas, turtle conservation movement is undertaken by the villagers. Witnessing a baby turtle coming out of the egg and then finding its way to the sea by those baby steps is an unforgettable moment.
Join in Pune Travel Club for this unforgettable journey.
Cost: Rs. 2200/- Pp
Google Pay: 9158990529 or punetravelclub@oksbi (For Registration)
Batch 1: 9th & 10th March
Batch 2: 16th & 17th March
Batch 3: 23rd & 24th March
Batch 4: 30th & 31st March
Batch 5: 6th & 7th April
Batch 6: 13th & 14th April
Batch 7: 20th & 21st April
Batch 8: 27th & 28th April
- Leave from Pune on Friday night @ 11 PM
- We will be reaching Velas eco-village by 6 am in the morning as the roads are not in good condition. After reaching, we will be moving towards the beach to see those tiny babies taking their first step towards life.
- Post sightings you will be briefed about these Olive Ridley Turtles and their fight for their existence.
- Later we will move towards the homely breakfast at Velas village.
- Freshen up time will be allotted to everyone after which we will be visiting Bankot fort for a lovely view of Velas beach and Harihareshwar temple.
- Post lunch let your eyes take rest till evening, the evening will be spent at the beautiful beach of Velas, looking for more sightings of hatching.
- Post Dinner, we will spend time around the campfire with awesome stories and games.
- Early morning wake up with a hope of sighting those baby turtles once again. Post breakfast in a nearby hotel, we will leave to Harishareshwar temple.
- Will leave to Pune around 12 Pm and will have lunch en-route. Will reach Pune by 10 Pm.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories 🙂
Things To Carry
- Flip flops
- Accommodation in a typical Konkani house or homestay. (Velas is an eco-tourism village and separate rooms/hotel accommodation is not available)
- Transportation from Pune to Pune by Non AC Bus.
- All Veg Meals (2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner)
- Sightseeing as per the schedule
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- All entry tickets and permissions
- Lunch on Day 3
- Anything other than mentioned above.
Pick Up/Drop off:
- 11 PM Koregaon Park (Lane 6)
- 11.20 PM : JM Corner (JM Road – Shivaji Nagar)
- 11.40 PM : In front of Modern College (University Circle)
- 11.50 PM : Banjara Hills Hotel (Chandini Chowk)
Pune Travel Club: 9158990529 (Available on WhatsApp 24*7)
Drop us a message on WhatsApp, If you have any query.