Harishchandragad via Nalichi Vaat
March 22 @ 10:30 pm - March 24 @ 11:30 pm2200INR
Harishchandragad via the ‘nerve-wracking‘ Nalichi Vaat.
Harishchandragad is a fort located in the Ahmednagar region. It holds a lion’s share in controlling the surrounding areas. This fort has got an amazing natural beauty, along with diverse flora and fauna.
Harishchandragad is famous for a lot the natural beauty, tough trek trails & the magnificent Konkan Kada. Harishchandragad is also known as trekker’s paradise as rappelling, rock climbing & valley crossing can be done simultaneously in one trek itself. It is also famous as the best fort in Maharashtra for camping
Region: Malshej ghat
Height: 4671 feet
Grade: Moderate/Difficult (depending on the chosen route)
Duration: 2 days
- Saptatirtha Pushkarni
To the east of the temple is a well-built lake called “Saptatirtha”. On its bank are temple-like constructions in which there are idols of Lord Vishnu.
- Kedareshwar Cave
Going rightwards of Harishchandreshwar temple, there is a huge cave of Kedareshwar, in which there is a big Shivlinga, which is totally surrounded by water. The total height from its base is five feet, and the water is waist-deep. It is quite difficult to reach the Shivlinga because the water is ice-cold. There are sculptures carved out here. In monsoon, it is not possible to reach this cave, as a huge stream flows across the way.
- Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff)
The most interesting point on this fort is this cliff, which has always fascinated many people from many years. The cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan. From here, one can have a breathtaking view of the surrounding region and the setting sun. This cliff is not just vertical, it is an overhang, almost like a cobra’s hood.
- Taramati peak
Also known as Taramanchi, This is the topmost point on the fort (1429 meters). Leopards are seen in the forests beyond this peak. From here we can have a glimpse of the whole range of Naneghat and the forts near Murbad. From this Taramati point, we can have a glimpse of forts till Siddhagad near Bhimashankar in the south and Napta twin peaks, Ghodishep (865 meters), Ajoba (1375 meters), Kulang fort (1471 meters)in the north near the Kasara region.
- Start from Pune around 10:30 pm.
- Reach base village Belpada and rest till Sunrise.
- Post Breakfast we will start for trek via Nalichi Vaat by 7 am.
- We will reach the top by 2 pm.
- We will have lunch around 2:30 pm and then will explore the fort.
- We start pitching tents before Sunset for the night.
- Post dinner around 7 pm, we will spend some time around bonfire sharing experiences.
- Early wake up, we will freshen up and have breakfast by 7 am.
- We will start the trek to Taramati peak around 8 am.
- Trek down via Kireshwar Dharwaja and back to Pune by 11:30 pm.
Tour Concludes with Happy Memories 🙂
Cost: 2200 /- Pp
Google Pay: 9158990529
- Food (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Day 1 and Breakfast & Lunch on Day 2)
- Pune to Pune Travel in Non AC private Bus.
- Tents for a Night stay
- Local guide & Expertise
- First Aid Support
- Entry Fees and forest entry charges
- Packaged water
- Anything not mentioned above
Pune Travel Club: 9158990529 (Available on WhatsApp 24*7)
Drop us a message on WhatsApp, If you have any query.